Connect Gmail SMTP
Teyuto is not a Google App, which means it is recognized as a "less secure app" or a third-party app. To connect your Google (Gmail or G-Suite) account securely, you need to take the following steps:
- To connect your Gmail SMTP account:
- Go to your Google Account.
- On the left navigation panel, click Security.
- On the Signing in to Google panel, click 2-Step Verification.
- Click Get started.
- Follow the steps on the screen. Learn more.
- Login to your Google Account.
- On the left navigation panel, choose Security.
- On the 'Signing in to Google' panel, choose App passwords.
- If you don’t see this option, 2-Step Verification may not be set up for your account or may be set up for security keys only, or your account may be through work, school or other organization, or you may have turned on Advanced Protection for your account.
- At the bottom, choose Select app and choose Custom.
- Type in a name for the app (e.g. Teyuto) and click on Generate.
- Copy and save the generated App Password, which is the 16-character code in the yellow bar on your device. Use this password for connection.
Attention. Make sure, that you've created and copied The App Password. If you'll miss this step, the integration won't work.
- Open the Settings/Custom SMTP section in the Teyuto dashboard.
- SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com SMTP port: 587 Secure (SSL/TLS) is required: Tick the checkbox. User: Enter your Gmail address. Password: Enter the previously created app password.