Create your Google Play developer account
In order to place your custom Android app in the Google Play Store, you must first create a developer account as an individual.
- Open Google Play Console at https://play.google.com/apps/publish/signup/
- Choose the Google account you want to associate your developer account with. If you don't already have a Google account, you can create one directly from this page by choosing CREATE NEW GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
- Accept the distribution agreement for developers by ticking the corresponding box
- Click on GO TO PAYMENT to pay the one-off registration fee
- Complete your account details.
- For more information, please refer to the Google Play Console Help.
2. Invite Teyuto
For your app to be available on the Google Play Store, send us an invitation to your account to grant us administrator rights.
- Check your email address
- First check that the email address associated with your developer account is correct
- Sign in to Google Play Console
- Go to Settings
- Select Developer account, then Account details
- Make sure the email address you enter is the same as the address you used when creating your developer account. If this is not the case, change the address
- Invite Teyuto
- From Developer account go to Users and permissions
- Select Invite new user and follow the prompts. When asked to enter your email address, enter email@example.com
- In the Role section, choose Administrator
- Click on Send invitation.
3 - Create a service account
You will now be redirected to the Google API Console page:
- Click on +CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT
- Indicate TeyutoApp in the name field
- enter a description (optional)
- Click CREATE
- Select the role to give to this account. You should find yourself in the Service accounts submenu. In the Role field, choose Service account administrator
- Click on CONTINUE
- Create the JSON key
- Click +CREATE KEY at the bottom of the page
- Select JSON in the window that opens to the right
- Click CREATE
- The JSON file will be generated automatically and the browser will ask you to save the file on your computer.
- Save the document. A message will appear on the screen informing you that it has been saved.
i.e.: for the JSON file to be generated correctly, you must use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser.
5 - Granting access to Teyuto
At this point you can return to your Google Play Console page to finalise the creation of your service account:
- The window for creating a new service account will still be open. This time click on END
- You will be back in Developer Accounts > API Access.
- On the right-hand side of the page you will see a list of the service accounts you have created. On the line corresponding to the account you have just created, click on LOGIN.
- A dialog box will open. Choose "Release Manager" as your role and click on ADD USER to finalise the account creation.