Hide Videos in Search
Wait, what? Why would you hide videos in a search? Isn't that technically what you're here for... to show videos to your audience, right?
Yes, you're absolutely right. However, creating collections while hiding videos in search can provide a more streamlined (read: Netflix-like) experience to your users. One of its significant advantages is the ability to include trailers or previews for each collection. This allows users to get a glimpse of the content before diving into the full video, enhancing engagement and interest.
For instance, suppose you have a video titled "Ultimate Adventure: 7 Days in Tibet". Instead of making this video directly searchable, you can create a collection by the same name. Within this collection, you can add both the full video and its preview. Users can then access the collection, view the trailer, read the description, and decide whether to proceed to the full video or not.
By using collections and hiding individual videos in search, you can achieve the following benefits:
- Improved User Engagement: Including trailers or previews in collections offers a more interactive and engaging experience for your users. Your users can sample individual content and make informed decisions about what to watch.
- Efficient Content Discovery: With videos hidden in a search, your user journeys will get enhanced as two searches with the same title won’t clutter their search result. They have a straightforward browsing experience and find relevant content more easily.
So, if you want to remove individual videos from search results, just follow these steps:
- Click on the Settings Option
First, click on the “Settings” option in the left menu bar.
- Scroll Down to “Functionality for the User”
Scroll down to the section titled “Functionality for the User”.
- Toggle the “Hide Videos in Search” button
Now, just toggle the “Hide Videos in Search” option.
- Scroll Down and Press Save
Once done, scroll down and press the “Save” button.